RE: unknown LDAP result code (-30990): using groups to manage ACL's

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 20:30, Howard Chu wrote:

>  You should
> file an ITS report for that. You should include the backend configuration
> section of your slapd.conf along with all the other pertinent info.

OK. I filed an ITS. (And, Quanah, thank you, but I also tried
"group.base").

Now, as someone a bit green with OpenLDAP, I'm wondering what would be a
workaround or another way to create some roles in OpenLDAP?

What I'd like to do is be able to put a user in a "admin group". Or
populate another object (organizationalRole?) with admins. I don't want
to have to modify an ACL to add an administrator.

Any recipes anyone care to share?

regards,

CP