Re: OpenLDAP support of Documentum Content Server 5.2

--On Thursday, January 29, 2004 9:46 PM +0000 Fred Janssen <fredje110@hotmail.com> wrote:

At this moment our company is attempting to connect Documentum Content
Server 5.2 to a OpenLDAP server. Documentum supports a number of LDAP
implementations but OpenLDAP support is not recognizable. Does anyone
know if it is possible to manage user-authentication for Documentum
Content Server 5.2 with OpenLDAP? We tried connecting to the LDAP server
but the most basic authentication didn't seem possible. At this moment
out technicians are discussing the option to introduce a Microsoft AD to
serve Documentum and to synchronize the AD with OpenLDAP. I am personally
not very impressed by this solution. All our servers (Oracle database,
BEA WebLogic server, LDAP and webservers) are LINUX based. Does anyone
have any experience with this issue? Your comments and suggestions are
most welcome! Thank you very much for your kind attention.

Fred,

What type of bind is it making? V2 or V3? What type of authentication is it using? I'd guess at a minimum, it has its own custom schema that you'd have to write for OpenLDAP, once you get connections to work. OpenLDAP supports a wide array of authenctication mechanism.

Most importantly, but not least, you do not specify the version of OpenLDAP you are using. I would guess it is some 2.0.x version that comes stock with RedHat, and is very old and no longer supported. If that is the case, I suggest you look at upgrading OpenLDAP to something recent as well. ;)

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems ITSS/TSS/Infrastructure Operations Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html