Re: OpenLdap test fails

S D said:

> Hi,
> Few errors that I see in the test-db/master.log  are:
>
> daemon: bind(7) failed errno=126 (Cannot assign requested address)
> bdb_db_open: dbenv_open(./test-db)
> bdb(o=OpenLDAP Project,l=Internet): mmap: Resource temporarily
> unavailable bdb_db_open: dbenv_open failed: Resource temporarily
> unavailable (11) backend_startup: bi_db_open(0) failed! (11)
> slapd shutdown: initiated
> ====> bdb_cache_release_all
> slapd shutdown: freeing system resources.
> bdb(o=OpenLDAP Project,l=Internet): txn_checkpoint interface requires an
> environment configured for the transaction subsystem
> bdb_db_destroy: txn_checkpoint failed: Invalid argument (22)
> ====> bdb_cache_release_all
> slapd stopped.
>

> Do I need to install  "bind" package?

No, the "bind" here refers to the network system call ("man bind").  The
message usually refers to some other process already listening on the port
you're trying to grab.  Is there perhaps another old rogue slapd running
on the machine?

Alan Sparks, UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator    <asparks@doublesparks.net>