RE: Recommended BerkleyDB version for use with OpenLDAP 2.1.25 (and later)

Hi Lance,

Berkeley DB 4.2.52+patch corrects some problems that can cause OpenLDAP to
thrash when the DB's cache size is too small to accommodate your database's
working set.

That being said, we are in the process of testing CDS 1.6, which
incorporates OpenLDAP 2.1.26+patch and Berkeley DB 4.2.52+patch. We expect
this release to become generally available the week of February 1, but if we
find problems in testing this date may change.

In our opinion, while it is best to be as close to current as possible, as
long as the Berkeley DB is properly configured, the combination of OpenLDAP
2.1.2x and BDB 4.1.25+patch works acceptably well.

Hope this helps,

Matthew Hardin
Symas Corporation
Packaged, certified, and supported LDAP software:
http://www.symas.net/download