unique attributes

Hello,

I'm currently designing a new email system with qmail-ldap. qmail-ldap
has a attribute mailAlternateAddress to define aliases for a user. How
do i make sure the value for this is unique? I dont want to have 2 users
with the same alias.

In a relational database i would make a unique index on a row. is it
possible to create an unique index on a attribute in openldap?

Putting the mailAlternateAddress in the dn is not an option because 1
user can have more than 1 mailAlternateAddress attributes.  Anyone with
another idea/option i haven't though of/didn't know of.

Greetz,

Jo

--
* Geraerts Jo                  * Politics:                        *