Re: Slaves taking up 100% cpu

Maybe we are confusing each other with different vocabulary. When I mean
search filter, I am not including the base DN.

We use JLDAP for queries. The search API looks like:

  public LDAPSearchQueue search (java.lang.String base,
                                 int scope,
                                 java.lang.String filter,
                                 java.lang.String[] attrs,
                                 boolean typesOnly,
                                 LDAPSearchQueue queue)
                          throws LDAPException

  Asynchronously performs the search specified by the parameters.

  Parameters:
  base - The base distinguished name to search from.

  scope - The scope of the entries to search. The following
          are the valid options:
          SCOPE_BASE - searches only the base DN
          SCOPE_ONE - searches only entries under the base DN
          SCOPE_SUB - searches the base DN and all entries
                      within its subtree

  filter - Search filter specifying the search criteria.

  attrs - Names of attributes to retrieve.

  typesOnly - If true, returns the names but not the values of
              the attributes found.  If false, returns the
              names and values for attributes found.

I specify a value for base, but pass null for filter.

--
Jeff
// Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy'