Re: Weird problem -- seeking insight

--On Tuesday, January 20, 2004 4:22 PM -0500 Frank Swasey <Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu> wrote:

I begin to see why Quanah does a complete nuke and load process every
night (like I used to :().

This really isn't what I do... ;) I simply stop the master and take a snapshot of the DB every night, and store it in case I need it. ;) We don't have any major group set up in the way you are talking about, it sounds interesting...

If I understand correctly, you have a static group, that has an attribute memberUID, which is multi-valued, and contains all the UID's for those in that group, and that is nearly 40k members...

That is very different from the manner in which we deliver mail here. ;) It sounds a lot like a list that is being managed by UID membership on the directory servers...

I don't have any thoughts/solutions on that setup at the moment, but I'm pondering it.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer