Re: Slaves taking up 100% cpu

On 1/20/04 10:09a, "Quanah Gibson-Mount" <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:

> --On Tuesday, January 20, 2004 10:01 AM -0800 Jeff Leung
> <jeffleung@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Thanks for the replies (and discourses on stability versioning =).
>
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Another useful output from db_stat is the -Ca option, which shows the
> conflict matrix.  It can give you an idea if there are things holding locks
> in the DB.

OK, I'll try this. Thanks.

> I'll also note that you generally do not want DB_TXN_NOSYNC uncommented
> when running slapd (only uncomment it when doing a data load via slapadd).

Yes, but we are putting a premium on performance (and have a high tolerance
for loose consistency of data). Would this not be the correct way of going
about this?

> OpenLDAP-2.1.22 did have some issues with indexing.  You mention that the
> BDB patch only seems to apply if you have indices.  Do you not have
> indices?  How can you perform any search on your system that won't make it
> go horribly out of whack if you have no indices?

Simple: we don't do searches. All our queries are strictly exact match.

--
Jeff
// Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy'