Re: User Authentication Hangs.. I'm losing my sanity!

What does your /etc/ldap.conf look like?

I've trimmed out the comments to give you just the settings (thus, making it easier to paste this to an email. :)

I'm wondering if this is some RH9 related issue or something...

#> more ldap.conf
host ldap.private.net
base dc=wesmo,dc=com
binddn cn=manager,dc=wesmo,dc=com
rootbinddn cn=manager,dc=wesmo,dc=com
scope one
timelimit 30
pam_filter objectclass=posixAccount
pam_login_attribute uid
pam_password exop
nss_base_passwd ou=People,dc=wesmo,dc=com?one
nss_base_shadow ou=People,dc=wesmo,dc=com?one
nss_base_group          ou=Group,dc=wesmo,dc=com?one

Oh, and /etc/openldap/ldap.conf looks like:
HOST ldap.private.net
BASE dc=wesmo,dc=com

-Rich