Re: finally, my openldap is running with mysql

--On Monday, January 19, 2004 4:33 PM -0800 Manuel Mely <mely@tm.minbas.cu> wrote:

Well, after a lot of days and weeks finally my openldap server is running with mysql, but i can't add an ldif file i get this error.

dapadd -c -x -D "cn=manager,dc=sql,dc=RU" -W -f test.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
adding new entry "dc=sql,dc=RU"
ldapadd: update failed: dc=sql,dc=RU
ldap_add: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
        additional info: operation not permitted within namingContext

adding new entry "cn:manager,dc=sql,dc=RU"
ldapadd: update failed: cn:manager,dc=sql,dc=RU
ldap_add: Invalid DN syntax (34)
        additional info: invalid DN

Manuel,

You don't have to update the root DN: (dc=sql,dc=ru)

2) Your second entry is not valid.

It should be:

cn=manager,dc=sql,dc=RU

not