[Date Prev][Date Next]
able to connect to LDAP server with perl, but not ldapsearch
- To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: able to connect to LDAP server with perl, but not ldapsearch
- From: "Jeffrey Marans" <Jeffrey.Marans@pwgsc.gc.ca>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:39:07 -0500
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcPeu4VfU7k06r5BTLmZsDvIttKFFQ==
- Thread-topic: able to connect to LDAP server with perl, but not ldapsearch
I've installed openldap on a debian woody box and am able to query slapd from
perl scripts and webmin, but ldapsearch returns ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server.
I've configured /etc/pam_ldap.conf, /etc/nsswitch.conf, and /etc/libnss-ldap.conf, but getent passwd only
looks at /etc/passwd.
I'm running slapd in debug mode and it doesn't see the ldapsearch connect attempt.
I've linked /etc/ldap/slapd.conf to /etc/ldap/ldap.conf just in case I'm missing something.