Re: Anyone using directory_administrator?

Hi,

On Thursday 15 January 2004 20:53, Eric.Sammons@frit.frb.org wrote:
> I have implemented directory_administrator and after adding the allow
> bind_v2 entry to my configuration file I am now able to use the tool.
> However, when I attempt to modify a user I of course make my changes and
> select OK.  At this point I receive an error:
>
> Error:  Cannot Modify object class.
>
> In the console I receive the following:
>
> LDAP_MOD_DELTE objectclass
>         account
> LDAP_MOD_ADD objectclass
>         organizationalPerson
>         inetOrgPerson

You did not give information whether you use openLDAP as the directory server
But if you do:
OpenLDAP does not support changing ste structural object class of an object.
I don't know if this is true for all versions, but I think it is for OpenLDAP
2.1.x and 2.2.x.

Of course it may be a limitation of directory_administrator.
(I do not know it so i cannot sy anything about it)

Peter
--
Peter Marschall
eMail: peter@adpm.de