Re: sql-backend

>> back-sql is a pain in the neck, but I wouldn't be able
>> to write it anything better.

Let me clarify that this is intended as a (rude) compliment
to Dmitry, he did a great job in designing this piece of
software; all I was ale to add was a few sanity checks
when loading schema and writing, and a few optimizations
in some operations, most of which were not possible at
the time he designed back-sql, because their foundations
were laid on the reorganization of slapd's backend API.

> For what it's worth I think it is fantastic.  The ability to query the
> corporate CRM or groupware system via your favorite mail client (or what
> not) is an absolute jaw-dropper as far as users are concerned.

Agree, although we never happened to use it in production.

> The documentation was a bit of a mind-bender at first (the data models
> of LDAP and RDBMS being so different), but once I got over the hump it
> is all pretty elegant - and the error messages were very useful.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it