Re: log files ??

usually you'll find your SLAPD logs in the syslog (/var/log/syslog). you
can edit your /etc/syslog.conf and save all local4-facility output to a
seperat file... assuming you use syslog and not syslog-ng.

syslog.conf:
local4.*	/var/log/slapd.log

you can change the local syslog level by specifying it with the slapd
"-s" option: 1..7 - default is set to 4.

don't forget to set a debuglevel in your slapd.conf.

loglevel 288
# that is:  256 + 32
#    1 trace function calls
#    2 debug packet handling
#    4 heavy trace debugging
#    8 connection management
#    16 print out packets sent and received
#    32 search filter processing
#    64 configuration file processing
#    128 access control list processing
#    256 stats log connections/operations/results
#    512 stats log entries sent
#    1024 print communication with shell backends
#    2048 print entry parsing debugging
#    65535 enable all debugging