Re: sql-backend

> ==>backsql_add(): adding entry 'dc=sql,dc=hosting'
> oc_check_required entry (dc=sql,dc=hosting), objectClass "dcObject"
> oc_check_required entry (dc=sql,dc=hosting), objectClass "organization"
> Entry (dc=sql,dc=hosting): object class 'organization' requires
> attribute 'o'
> backsql_add(): entry failed schema check -- aborting
> send_ldap_result: conn=0 op=1 p=3
> send_ldap_result: err=65 matched="" text="operation not permitted within
>  namingContext"

You don't have a rule to ad an attribute of type 'o'
into your database; check ldap_attr_mappings for 'o',
you'll notice the add procedure is set to NULL.

Unless yu populate it with a valid procedure, you'll
never be able to write that entry to the database.
The examples that come with back-sql are just examples,
they are not complete, so they don't acount for this
procedure.  If you cn write it of your own, fine;
otherwise read the documentation about back-sql and
about your rdbms and try until you can write a good
one.  If you check recently committd CVS examples
for postgres and mysql there's "plenty" of (at least
some) notes about what should be written in those
rules.

back-sql is a pain in the neck, but I wouldn't be able
to write it anything better.  In any case, it comes as
is.  When I ported it to 2.1, I spent a lot of time
in adding what I considered meaningful diagnostics,
but apparently I wasted my time.

p.
--
Pierangelo Masarati