Re: how can I know if I am authenticated

You can know whether 'success' response to a simple bind request
indicates that the access is authenticated or not just by knowing
what kind of access was requested in the first place.  (A
non-success response always indicates the session is anonymous.)

RFC 2251 says that a simple bind request with a non-empty DN
and an empty password is a request for unauthenticated access
to the directory.  This is, except for possible logging of the
provided DN, treated the same as a request for anonymous
access to the directory.

Kurt