Shared memory & OpenLDAP 2.2.x in a Solaris environment

I have started testing the new option to use shared memory with OpenLDAP on
our solaris servers.

My initial testing so far is

1) load database

2) perform query to verify database loaded

Both worked.

In (1) the load time dropped from 9 hours to 2.5 hours for our database
(approximately 300,000 entries with a BDB footprint of around 2.5 GB's).  I
set the kernel parameter in Solaris to allow shared memory segments of up
to 3 GB in size.

My next step will be to run my usual load-testing piece to check how it
performs against our normal disk-based BDB setup.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer