Re: o and c or dc?

In message <6.0.0.22.0.20040113133957.042cf368@127.0.0.1> on Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:50:46 -0800, "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> said:

Kurt> At 01:05 PM 1/13/2004, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
Kurt> >True, we currently have a DNS structure that allows for delegation of
Kurt> >zone authority, and it works well.  What I'd like to know is if there
Kurt> >is a possibility, at least in theory, to have something similar for
Kurt> >directories through referals? There would be a set of, eh, root LDAP
Kurt> >servers that would contain referals to countries, and the servers they
Kurt> >refer to would contain referals to the next level as well as entries
Kurt> >with only two RDNs in the name, and so on.  Basically mimicing the DNS
Kurt> >structure with pure LDAP.  Is this at all possible?
Kurt>
Kurt> Yes, as demonstrated by various X.500 pilots (include later ones which
Kurt> supported LDAP as well as DAP).

OK.  It's obvious my history "schooling" is lacking a bit, so bear
with me.  Is any of those pilots still active, or does one need to
start something new if what I propose would get done at all?  Is it a
bad idea perchace, and in thar case, why?

-----
You don't have to be rich, a $10 donation is appreciated!

--
Richard Levitte   \ Tunnlandsvägen 3  \ LeViMS@stacken.kth.se
Redakteur@Stacken  \ S-168 36  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.