Re: Questions about back-sql

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
I understand that back-sql implements only a subset of functionality

but  I have expected, reading the back-sql manual, that a ldapsearch
query  with a filter for objectclass values works correctly.
Then, can you provide a complete example of what you're trying to do,
including rdbms you're using, what data, what back-sql mapping,
and so, and a clear description of the operation (a search, I assume)
you're trying to perform?  Finally, what software version?

This feature does not work, at least not for me.
back-sql recipe -
ftp://ftp.kalamazoolinux.org/pub/projects/awilliam/misc-ldap/ogo-back-sql-create.sql
- using OpenLDAP 2.1.25

Although all "account" objectclass's also have an auxilliary objectclass
of "opengroupwareentity" (so I can provide the opengroupware primary key
ID) searching by that objectclass does not work.

Otherwise back-sql works great,  lets people with applications like
Eudora or Evolution pull data from the RDBMS, which is just cool beyond
words.

I have an enhancement for back-sql, that honors searches
on objectClass superiors, e.g. if you defined an objectClass
"inetOrgPerson", a search for "objectClass=person" returns it.

It's not exactly what you need, I guess, but it's part of it.
The same could apply to attribute inheritance.

I'll commit it to HEAD ASAP, together with some more cleanup.

Ando.

Thank you for your effort to implement this feature of back-sql.
In order to perform such a search, do I have to insert a record for 'person' objectclass into ldap_entry_objclasses and bind it with inetOrgPerson (or the schema definition is sufficient for the search)?
If I have to, do I have to populate appropriate records for 'person' objectclass within ldap_attr_mappings and ldap_oc_mappings?

Nikola