RE: How to compile the LDAP C++ library?

I shied away from using the C++ API for the same reasons, though I have no more info on it than you do. However, the C API works perfectly well, and it is also used by the various OpenLDAP client tools, as well as the various test suites, so maintenance should not be an issue. Our application is written in C++, but it only requires a fraction of the LDAP client functionality supported by the C++ API, so we just wrote a small wrapper around the C API.

- DAP