Re: "namin attribute 'cn' is not present in entry' problen -can it be solved?

--On Wednesday, January 07, 2004 5:23 PM +0000 john paul <zxcjohn@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello ,
when using the (good old) 2.0 openldap ,
I created objects which did not had the 'cn' attribute.
Now I had tried to test  2.1.25 openldap.
When I try to create objects which did not had the 'cn' attribute
I get the  LDAP Exception with the following error message:
"naming attribute 'cn' is not present in entry"

(LDAP Exception 64).

Is there a way (like in a change in the schemas)
in which I can create objects in
the new openldap (2.1.25) without
the 'cn' attribute as I did in the 2.0.* openldap?

If your entry begins with:

cn=blah,dc=something,dc=anotherthing

then it *must* have an attribute of:

cn: blah