Re: SLAPD Locksup...problems with slapcat as well

--On Tuesday, January 06, 2004 4:38 PM -0700 Jayson Henkel <jhenkel@sterlingcrane.ca> wrote:

Quanah,

That indeed turned out to be the fix. I ran db4.1_recover against the
db's and it worked. I have since switched to ldbm instead of the bdb
backend. I do have some questions, what would have caused such a problem
in the first place? Anyone care to comment on which is better bdb or
ldbm? If such a corruption should happen on ldbm what tool is the
db_recover equivalent for the ldbm format?

Thanks for the assistance, I hope this helps someone in the future.

ldbm vs. bdb is an argument I'm not going to enter.

I will note the following:

BDB 4.2.52 fixes numerous corruption bugs. If you upgrade to OpenLDAP 2.1.25, you can easily compile it against BDB 4.2.52.

We've been using BDB for our production servers, and (after properly configuring it) have never had any corruption issues. We went into production in April of 2003.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer