Re: Questions about back-sql

I understand that back-sql implements only a subset of functionality but I have expected, reading the back-sql manual, that a ldapsearch query with a filter for objectclass values works correctly.

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

Nikola Ivancevic wrote:

There are several posts that consider using multiclassing with back-sql.
But I cannot find any answer to this topic.
Does anybody use this successfully? Some examples?
I would very appreciate any information regarding this topic.

 >The manpage talks about making use of the ldap_entry_objclasses
 >table in order to add additional objectClass attributes to each entry
 >as desired.  I've tried to do this (my default objectClass is
 >inetOrgPerson, and I've added a couple of objectClasses including
 >person and organizationalPerson) but, although the extra objectClass
 >attributes are included with a given entry returned by ldapsearch, I
 >am unable to filter on the extra attributes as the documentation
 >seems to suggest is possible.  Is there some way to rectify this?

inetOrgPerson inherits from person and organizationalPerson
so it is totally useless to add the latter; it is likely they
get filtered out somewhere when dealing with objectclass
inheritance.  Moreover, back-sql provides only a subset of the
functionalities of a real DSA, so don't be surprised if you
can't make it behave as you expect.  Would you mind investigating
a more significant multiclass case?

p.

Nikola Ivancevic
nikola@vtkom.net