Re: LDBM or BDB ?

--On Friday, January 02, 2004 3:52 PM +0100 Tony Earnshaw <tonye@billy.demon.nl> wrote:

Others - though not everyone - have/has experienced rapid performance
degeneration with BDB 4.1. It'll be interesting to see the general
experience with 4.2. Quanah is the one I always look to for experience
here.

Interesting that Wietse Venema, the IBM-employed Postfix MTA guru, is
said to be disenchanted with BDB (source: developers on the Postfix
mailing list) and has gone over from BDB to btree for databases that are
frequently updated (e.g. the experimental Postfix policy daemon
database).

I'm on vacation, but I'll note that on the 'jump off of BDB bandwagon', we've moved our Cyrus mail servers from using BDB to using skiplist because of all the corruption issues we had there.

BDB 4.2.x & OpenLDAP 2.2.x testing are on my plate starting on the 5th (I did a bit of OpenLDAP 2.2.x testing already though, so I'm not expecting to see too much there).

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer