Re: GUI Tools

Jason Hotchkiss wrote:

Does anyone know of a good GUI tool to update, add or delete LDAP entries?

This question is asked very often. Please see: http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/271.html

Note that there are generic LDAP clients/browsers (like my own http://www.web2ldap.de) which let you edit LDAP entries for getting started but does not help much if you'd like to get a highly automated system perfectly serving your daily administration needs.

There is another category of LDAP clients which focus more on "users" and "groups" for certain LDAP-enabled services, e.g. pam_ldap, nss_ldap, Samba, etc. Other LDAP clients focus on "address books" whatever that means in your personal context. Naturally these clients lack support for things they were not written for.

Also don't trust *all* software floating around. Make a security review!

Also, does anyone know of an out of the box intranet site that works with LDAP to allow employees to update their LDAP entries?

I always suggest to use <your-favourite-web-scripting-language> to implement your own one which perfectly suits your needs.

Ciao, Michael.