Re: multimaster setup

David,
I can't speak for the current developement status of multi-master, but when we tried it about 6 months ago it was very buggy and ultimately unusable in a production environment. The list reiterated that multi-master support was not meant for production systems at this time as well. This may have changed, but from the responses we go back then, i doubt it.

All hope is not lost however. We ultimately opted for the following design:

1 Master + Multiple Slaves behind a load balancer with two virtual IPs. One ip is a read/write ip, the other is a read only ip. The read only ip uses loadbalancing and failover. The read/write ip, uses only fail over.

The above provides complete read redundancy, and read load balancing for heavy read intensive applications. Unfortunately it does not provide write redundancy, however write are far less important for our setup than reads.

Lee