Exception handing for Referrals in C.

Hi,
I have been trying to find out how to handle Exception handing in C for
Referrals.

Currently we are using libldap C APIs for the Client on version LDAPv2+
which caters for "limited Referrals". We believe we need to upgrade to
LDAPv3 for Full Referral Support. We need to be able to cater for a
situation where we contact an HQ LDAP Server that has Referral points
to a number of other LDAP Servers .We Principally need to be able to
handle a situation where one of the other LDAP Servers is down and be able
skip it in our Client.

I have seen examples in JNDI but not in C.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
John

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to
material.  If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender
immediately and destroy the e-mail and any attachments.  No liability or
responsibility whatsoever is accepted for any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use or any action taken or omitted, in reliance on
this e-mail or its contents