RE: [JunkMail] How to flush a LDAP request?

That's a pretty old message, and an old OpenLDAP release. See if the same
problem still exists in the current release before chasing anything further.
As I noted before, there shouldn't be any reads occurring between the
completion of the request and the sending of the result. Also, between
release 2.0.23 and now, the liblber routine to read from the network has been
fixed a few times to fix various size/byte count issues. Perhaps the
ldap_read with "want=1" (i.e., wanting to read 1 byte) was bogus.

  -- Howard Chu