Re: Authentication Confusion

At 09:28 PM 12/18/2003, Stephen Hargrove wrote:
>I don't say this as some sort of excuse because I've been reading
>everything I can find about this.  However, I am very new to OpenLDAP and
>LDAP in general.
>
>I'm having problems authenticating against my LDAP. I'm running Debian
>Sarge, and have compiled OpenLDAP v 2.1.22 from source.
>
>I've added an initial user ('test'),

Seems you are referring to an OS user not a Directory user.
It seems you are having trouble configuring an operating system
to use the directory to manage OS users.  How do that is way
beyond this list.  I see that you are trying to use PAM,
specifically PAM/LDAP.  The pamldap list is at <pamldap@padl.com>.

You can find a few Linux LDAP How-tos in our FAQ as well...

Kurt