Re: no structuralObject in entry?

At 10:31 AM 12/11/2003, Charlie Pauch wrote:
>ok, I've done some checking around, and I found a link I hadn't found
>before.  Took me to a page on the openldap faq-o-matic  that said this:
>
>No structuralObjectClass operational attribute
>This is commonly returned when a shadow server is provided an entry which
>does not contain the structuralObjectClass operational attribute.
>
>At the risk of sounding completely stupid, which is how I feel, what the
>heck does that mean?  What is a shadow server?  I've grepped the schema's
>and nothing in there is a structuralObjectClass?

A shadow server is one that holds a read-only copy of the entry.
In OpenLDAP, we often call that a slave server.

If you're seeing this on the master server (the server that holds
the master copy of the entry), then it's likely due to improper
upgrading between old/new versions of OpenLDAP Software.

Suggest you dump to LDIF and reload.

Kurt