RE: stable 2.1.22: missing functions

I see - the filter template API was deliberately removed in 2.1.4... Is there anything to replace it? I mean - if something is "deprecated" this is generally done because something better is available.

Alexander

--On Friday, December 12, 2003 17:54 -0800 Howard Chu <hyc@highlandsun.com> wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of Alexander V
Fedyukin

Hello everyone,

It seems to me that the latest release of OpenLDAP libraries
is missing the
entire implementation for filter templates.

Release 2.0 described the above functions as deprecated, yet
neither an
indication of the actual removal nor the replacement
functions can be seen
in the release notes for the current version 2.1.22.

The filte rtemplate API was removed a long long time ago. You need to read more carefully. The Change list for release 2.1.4 says specifically:

   Removed ud(1) and filter template API (ITS#2011)

  -- Howard Chu