RE: sasl version mismatch: 2.1.15 vs 2.1.17

It would seem that both questions are for the SASL folks.

The point is that the code you're running with is not the code you compiled
against, and any number of APIs and data structures *may* have changed.
Whether they *have* changed or not is irrelevant, we're not going to sift
thru every line of 3rd party code to discover that. It is usually safe to run
code compiled with older headers against a newer version of a library. It is
seldom safe to run code compiled with newer headers against an older version
of that library. Call that pedantic if you like, I think it's common sense.

  -- Howard Chu