BDB 4.2 and mucking things up

List,

Ever mindful of innovation and "new is beautiful", I'd love to try BDB
4.2 on my RH ES3 server running Openldap 2.1.25.

But the server comes with BDB 4.1.25, which it uses for everything to do
with bdb stuff. If I install BDB 4.2 (/usr/local, say) alongside 4.1.25,
does anyone have any experience as to whether it will fsck up the 4.1.25
installation? I suspect not, since older RH versions I've used, with BDB
3 as standard coped perfectly well with 4.x, if it was kept apart. But
ES3 has become enormously complex compared to 7.2 (my last RH distro).

Actually, thanks to people on this list (DB_CONFIG, indexing etc) I have
no problems with 4.1.25, so it's mainly a question of keeping up.

--Tonni

--
mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl
http://billy.demon.nl