Re: what is the most stable platform to run openldap on?

First of All I will recomend using another distribution like Slackware
or Trustix and then compile everything by yourself.

Then switch to XFS, reiserfs or ext3

On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 19:13, james liang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the most stable platform to run openldap on?  I am having a lot of stability issue with my openldap setup.  I thought I do a survey of what other people's do to get a rock solid openldap setup.  let me start off with what i have:
>
> hardware:
> brand: dell
> cpu: dual processor xeon 2.4ghz
> ram: 2 gig
> hard disk: 70 gig raid1
>
> software:
> os: red hat 9 (linux 2.4.20-8)
> file system: ext2 (tried ext3 before)
> openldap: 2.1.22
> berkeleydb: 4.1.25
>
> DB_CONFIG:
> set_cachesize    0 208435456 0
> set_lg_max      209715200
> set_lg_bsize    52428800
> set_flags       DB_TXN_NOSYNC
>
> performance target:
> entries - 2 million
> each entry - 4K byte
> queries per second - 30
> updates per second - 2
> unique entries queried in an hour - 60,000
> total disk usage: 13 gig
>
> I have not been able to get the system to run rock stable.  Every week or so the system would hang.  What combination of hardware and software that you guys have found to work well?  Please note that performance is not an issue.  In fact I would be happy to trade off some performance for more stability.
>
> -thanks
> James

> Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com
Gustavo A. Lozano                                 Noldata Corporation
glozano@noldata.com                               Calle 46 No. 40-19
CTO                                               Bogota D.C. Colombia
Noldata Corporation                               http://noldata.com

             I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought,
                but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
                                                       Albert Einstein