Re: what is the most stable platform to run openldap on?

--On Wednesday, December 03, 2003 7:13 PM -0500 james liang <blueyonder@excite.com> wrote:

Hi,

What is the most stable platform to run openldap on?  I am having a lot
of stability issue with my openldap setup.  I thought I do a survey of
what other people's do to get a rock solid openldap setup.  let me start
off with what i have:

Solaris 8 is the most stable platform I've found. ;) I haven't done any recent linux testing though. However, our systems have been running in production since April 2003, and have been rock solid.

DB_CONFIG:
set_cachesize    0 208435456 0
set_lg_max      209715200
set_lg_bsize    52428800
set_flags       DB_TXN_NOSYNC

Um, DB_TXN_NOSYNC shouldn't be set when slapd is running, only when doing a slapdd and slapd is shut down.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer