[Date Prev][Date Next]
- To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: ldapdelete failure
- From: "Herbst Rainer" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:21:19 +0100
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcOuqGZe1dZovcasSeacbxoKIGazSA==
- Thread-topic: ldapdelete failure
I am recently experimenting with different DIT and came across strange behaviour of the ldapdelete tool:
bash> ldapdelete -v -x -c -r -W -D "cn=Admin,dc=uni-potsdam,dc=de" "ou=People,dc=uni-potsdam,dc=de"
deleting entry "ou=People,dc=uni-potsdam,dc=de"
deleting children of: ou=People,dc=uni-potsdam,dc=de
Delete Result: Operation not allowed on non-leaf (66)
Additional info: subtree delete not supported
The DN is the root DN specified in the slapd.conf, so I should have any permisions on any object in the db, shouldn't I?
This behaviour occures independently on are there entries below the ou=People or not. And it occures only on the ou=People. Other OUs, like Groups etc. are deleted even if there are entries below them!
Linux RedHat 9.0