Re: OpenLDAP, bdb and Linux filesystems

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 11:12:41AM +0100, Stephan Siano wrote:
> and the subversion process was mainly in the D state (meaning
> uninterrupible sleep (wait for IO)) while waiting for the completition
> of a sync-call.

I did large imports of ldif data once (1 million entries) and went from
about 30h (no tuning done) to ~3h (after tuning DB_CONFIG). In my case,
the process was initially in the D state most of that time, but that
changed after tuning (mainly the cache parameter). So, you should be
able to speed that up, but the relative difference between ext3 and
ext2 will still be there, of course (or not?).