Re: Problems with openldap-2.1.22 slowing down over time.

--On Friday, November 14, 2003 4:04 PM +0100 Tony Earnshaw <tonye@billy.demon.nl> wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

Here is my DB_CONFIG for examination purposes:

# $Id: DB_CONFIG,v 1.6 2003/04/17 22:10:29 quanah Exp $
set_cachesize 2 0 1
set_lg_regionmax 262144
set_lg_bsize 2097152
set_lg_dir /var/log/bdb
# Just use this setting when doing slapadd...
# set_flags DB_TXN_NOSYNC

Quanah,

I'm just starting to look at the whole DB_CONFIG thing. One good idea,
for one reason or another, is to have the BD logfile on a separate
partition from the database: "set_lg_dir /usr/local/var/log/bdb". I
tried it, but slapd barfs:

bdb(dc=billy,dc=demon,dc=nl): fatal region error detected; run recovery
bdb_db_open: db_open(/usr/local/var/openldap-data) failed:

O.k., I've looked at the Admin guide, done my 'man' for slapd and
slapd.conf but can find out to tell slapd where his log file is. Others
are not so blind as I, 'cos they just "do it". How do you do it?

Tonni,

/usr/local/var/openldap-data doesn't match your set_lg_dir statement above -- are you sure that is what is causing the error? Also note that having the log files on a separate partition doesn't gain you anything that I know of -- it is having them on a separate disk entirely that gives you a performance boost.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer