Re: Common Address Book

Am Fre, 2003-11-14 um 05.54 schrieb J Michasel Gilks:
> On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 15:19, Dieter Kluenter wrote:
>
> > Here is, what I did.
> > Create a virtual addressbook manager,
> > cn=abmanager,ou=addressbook
> > grant write access to the addressbook subtree
> > Create a virtual addressbook user
> > cn=abuser,ou=addressbook
> > grant read access to the addressbook subtree
> > Edit addressbook wizzards from evolution and OOo.
> > You need evolutionPerson.schema to set up entries.
> >
> > -Dieter
>
> OK. Thanks for this advice. I tried setting up the users as you
> suggested, however when I don't use the -x option on the command line I
> still get the message
> ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such object

OpenLDAP requires a anonymous bind, that is you have, at least, to use the flag -x

The idea behind my virtual ADmanager and ABuser is, that your users
authenticate as cn=abuser (with password) and have read access, while a
administrator has write access and can add entries and change entries.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Kluenter  | Systemberatung
Tel:040.64861967 | Fax: 040.64891521