[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Problems with openldap-2.1.22 slowing down over time.
--On Wednesday, November 12, 2003 1:12 PM -0900 Matthew Schumacher
I have been fighting with slow down issues with openldap. I wrote a
query that I run ever hour to monitor performance. Over time the query
gets to be very slow (47 secs at the beginning of the attached log) only
using 2% of the cpu, then I tried to slapindex the database and it takes
minutes per record to index so I ctl-c and it leaves the database
If I export the database into an ldif file then delete the openldap-data
dir and reload it, then the query goes back to 1sec for a while and
eventually slows down again.
Anyone know what this could be, I'm not sure how to identify the problem.
This database is only updated though a php interface I wrote, but it is
queried by sendmail, nss_ldap, pam_ldap, php, and perl.
What would be useful to know here is what your DB backend is. I'm guessing
BDB, and if that is the case, then you need to look at the many messages
archived on this list about how to correctly set up BDB.
Don't control-c slapindex. Personally, if you are using BDB, and have less
than 3 drives, or can't use a memory in place of one of those drives, it is
almost always faster to slapcat/slapadd then to slapindex.
Principal Software Developer
GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html