Re: chaining replication to setup a delta backup scheme

Couple of reasons.

1.  the daily change is very small but the total data size is huge.  to backup everything every day is wasteful.

2.  The primary has to be alway on and has to handle a large volume of traffic.  I need to minimize any performance impact to production.

3.  I need multiple days of delta.  This way I can rollback everything up to the number of days of delta I keep.

-James

--- On Tue 11/11, Quanah Gibson-Mount < quanah@stanford.edu > wrote:From: Quanah Gibson-Mount [mailto: quanah@stanford.edu]To: blueyonder@excite.com, openldap-software@OpenLDAP.orgDate: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:08:52 -0800Subject: Re: chaining replication to setup a delta backup scheme

Why not just export the master's database once a day, if all you care about
are the last day's changes? and have B&C be replica's of A?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer