RE: bdb bad performance again (really need help)

The BDB bugs that I mentioned are listed in the 4.2 ChangeLog. As such, I'm
sure they are fixed in the 4.2 release. The only question is when Sleepycat
will make 4.2 publically available.

As for selecting a cache size - the main point is that the BDB cache must be
large enough to contain your database "working set." The working set is
usually not the entire database, but it can be a significant fraction of that
size if you must process a lot of requests that touch every entry in the
database.

When your database is growing from zero it's hard to estimate the amount of
cache you'll ultimately need. My personal guideline is to check "db_stat -m"
and increase the cache whenever the "number of clean pages forced from cache"
figure is non-zero.

  -- Howard Chu