[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: having too run db_recover every time the server crashes
- To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: RE: having too run db_recover every time the server crashes
- From: "Rigler, Steve" <SRigler@MarathonOil.com>
- Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 07:41:07 -0600
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcOnj+L0/swUIj+mTVGJ6wXBGUlX+wAACE9Q
- Thread-topic: having too run db_recover every time the server crashes
I used to have the similar issues with a test machine that suffered
from frequent power hits.
Adding the following line to the database section of my slapd.conf
resolved the problem for me:
checkpoint 1024 30
> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
> [mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of Tarjei Huse
> Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 7:23 AM
> To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
> Subject: having too run db_recover every time the server crashes
> I'm running a openldap 2.1.22 server built with db 4.1.25
> that has been
> running on a server with stabilityproblems. After each crash
> (and then
> reboot) I have had to run db_recover to get the ldapserver up and
> running again. Is this normal?
> If not, what paramteres may I have set wrong to make this happen. The
> crashes have not happened when I've been doing modifications but I've
> still lost modifications done over 24 hours before the crash.
> Any tips?