RE: slapd and checkpoint

You're probably safe, as long as db_recover doesn't get invoked when there's
already a running slapd. Aside from that circumstance (which will severely
corrupt the database environment) you're just increasing your startup delay a
bit because the BDB cache is emptied after a recovery operation.

> On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 16:21, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> > slapd by default checkpoints when it is stopped.  However,
> if it crashes it
> > won't checkpoint.  I highly suggest using the "checkpoint"
> directive in
> > slapd.conf to have it periodically checkpoint the database
> while it is
> > running, so that in the case of a crash, slapd has been recently
> > checkpointed.  It also speeds up shutdown time, as there is
> less for slapd
> > to checkpoint at that time.  Running db_recover at startup
> can have other
> > issues (it used to be the standard practice in slapd, but
> that was later
> > removed).

  -- Howard Chu