Re: R: monitoring slapd

Saturday, November 1, 2003, 6:52:11 AM, Quanah wrote:

> --On Saturday, November 01, 2003 12:22 AM +0100 Luca Scamoni
> <luca.scamoni@sys-net.it> wrote:

>> Yes, run slapd with -d 0
>>

> However, I think this can affect performance. Why not simply use a
> different tool?

Because of -d or daemontools? I'm using daemontools for more than
years to supervise squid and i never has any problem with it (or
because i never look at that squid machine for last 4 months ? :)

However in all of my case with openldap is not that slapd is die, but
slapd is there but always give zero anwer (because of unknown
reason,yet), this giving me a big headache because client apps can not switch to second ldap if something
goes wrong with first ldap server. why not simply dies? it would be
earsier to me :(

> --Quanah

--beast