RE: LDAP Installation Error(s)

Jason,
Hi, the OS I am using is Slackware 9.0. I configured Berkeley DB 4.1.25
with no options. The same with OpenLDAP. I tried your solution below. I
was also getting a segmentation fault using Berkeley db during make
test. This time I got this:

cd tests; make test
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/openldap-2.1.22/tests'
ln: `./data': File exists
make[1]: [test-bdb] Error 1 (ignored)
ln: `./schema': File exists
make[1]: [test-bdb] Error 1 (ignored)
ln: `ucdata/liblunicode': File exists
make[1]: [test-bdb] Error 1 (ignored)
Initiating LDAP tests for BDB...
running defines.sh
Datadir is ./data
Cleaning up in ./test-db...
Starting slapd on TCP/IP port 9009...
./scripts/test000-rootdse: line 32: ./data/slapd-schema.conf: Too many
levels of
 symbolic links
make[1]: *** [test-bdb] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/openldap-2.1.22/tests'
make: *** [test] Error 2

Have any suggestions? I have yet to get this to compile on Slackware
installation. I did get it to compile and run without a hitch on a
RedHat 8.0 installation.

--
Kent L. Nasveschuk <kent@wareham.k12.ma.us>