Re: Re: about case-sensitive (again)

Hi,Hallvard B Furuseth,thank you for your help, but it doesn't work when do that
first , After changing the school.schema, kill the process of slapd, and then use command slapindex to rebuild the indexes,
but it doesn't work
second, stop the server and then
   # slapcat -f /path/to/slapd.conf > foo.ldif
   # rm /var/ldap/*.dbb (or where the dbm files are)
   # slapadd -f /path/to/slapd.conf -c < foo.ldif
   # slapindex -f /path/to/slapd.conf    (this step or not)
   now restart the server
but It not case-sensitive when I ran the test program

  Are there another methods or I have made some mistakes?

  thanks very much

======= 2003-10-30 13:34:00 :=======

>cron writes:
>>  but when I change my school.schema by that method of changing the
>>  "caseIgnoreMatch" to "caseExactIA5Match" or
>>  "caseExactIA5SubstringsMatch"
>> (...)
>> then I restart the slapd services, but that doesn't work
>
>You rebuild the indexes after changing the schema.  I think
>sbin/slapindex can be used for that, but I don't know how it is used.
>Or you can just backup the database with slapcat, then delete (or move
>away) the database, then rebuild it with slapadd.
>
>--
>Hallvard

        cron
        cron@citiz.net