From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of Jason
Hotchkiss
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 10:58 AM
To: OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: LDAP Installation Error(s)

Hello,

Following the openLDAP installation guide, man pages, etc... I received the
following errors when performing the MAKE TEST. Can anyone tell me what
these test results mean and possibly what I need to do to fix them? I am not
too Linux savy, but I have been tasked with getting this done... So far I've
got this far, just need a little assistance to getting to the end...

cd tests; make test
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/openldap-2.1.23/tests'
ln: `./data': cannot overwrite directory
make[1]: [test-bdb] Error 1 (ignored)
Initiating LDAP tests for BDB...
running defines.sh
Datadir is ./data
Cleaning up in ./test-db...
Starting slapd on TCP/IP port 9009...
Using ldapsearch to retrieve the root DSE...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
./scripts/test000-rootdse: line 49: 12473 Segmentation fault $SLAPD
-f $DBCONF -h $MASTERURI -d $LVL $TIMING >$MASTERLOG 2>&1
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
./scripts/test000-rootdse: line 57: kill: (12473) - No such process
ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (81)
make[1]: *** [test-bdb] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/openldap-2.1.23/tests'
make: *** [test] Error 2

Thanks!
Jason