Re: Monitoring SLAPD

--On Sunday, October 26, 2003 1:28 AM -0700 Asaf Shakarchi <asaf@asaf.gotdns.com> wrote:

Hey,

Since OpenLDAP plays a very critical part in our organization I would be
glad to know if there are any suggestions how to monitor SLAPD process,
also, recommendations about monitoring from remote that SLAPD answers
correctly.

We use a monitoring package called "mon", which calls perl scripts using Net::LDAPapi to query our directory server remotely. We also have a cron job that runs every 5 minutes that checks to see if slapd is running or not, and sends out an alert & restarts slapd, if it isn't.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer