Replication between different OS

Hello,

I currently have 4 RedHat Linux machines running openldap, and replication
is working fine.  I've added a FreeBSD server and installed openldap, with
the same schema files and config files.  When I start up slapd, it doesn't
give any errors.  Upon any query, it returns this error:

Oct 24 13:58:31 slb-mail3 slapd[61499]: <= ldbm_cache_open NULL
"/usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm/dn2id.dbb" errno=79 reason="Inappropriate file
type or format")

Is this because the databases are written differently on Linux than FreeBSD?
Or am I missing something?  If they're not meant to run together, I'll just
revert to linux again..

All servers are running OpenLDAP 2.0.27.

I have done a slapcat export and imported it into the FreeBSD server, and
that's fine, but the replication doesn't seem to be even trying to take
place.. This is probably because it's not an exact replica of the database..
Is there any way to get this working?  Thanks in advance,

Andre Fortin, CCNA, MCSA, MCSE(W2K)
Systems Administrator
Persona Communications - Central Division
500 Barrydowne Rd.
Sudbury, Ontario
afortin@personainc.ca
Tel.: (705)560-1560 ext. 266